Saturday, November 3, 2012

Voting Report Card

Did you get a mailing this week with your voting information on it? I did. I realize this is public information but it was wrong information. I have voted in each and every election since I turned 21.. Yeah back in the dark ages when you had to be 21 to vote.  This report card said I did not vote in the 2008 election. So not only was what I perceive to be personal information being made public, it was wrong information. Anyone else having a problem with this?  And while I am on the subject, I have gotten at least one call a day from one poll or another.  As I answer their questions, who would I vote for if the election were held today for Senate? Governor? and President? Every stinking time after my second answer they quickly say “Sorry you are not qualified for this poll” and hang up.  Now you tell me can we believe the polls? Why are they so stinking nice and then when they hear your answers be so rude and literally hang up on me? I will be so glad when this election is over and we can move on, hopefully in a new and better direction.
Small Print:  Please if this offends you, or you disagree,  do NOT leave me a nasty mean comment,  Please do what I do and just move along. I am respectful of others views and I expect the same in return.  Thanks!

3 comments:

CWMartin said...

I read about that scam today. Seems they want to convince conservatives that voting is useless. You should report it to the Atty-General.

Anonymous said...

I heard of several people that got that same letter. They just tore them up they said.
We have had several poll takers call us & we have never had a problem with them hanging up on us.
They were not always from our side either, but they were always nice about it.
I agree, this cannot be over with soon enough for me, no matter how it goes. I am sick of the commercials, especially.
I definitely respect how people feel even if they are on the opposite side that I'm on. I had a supposedly "friend" take me off her friend's list on FB, because she didn't agree with me. I think that is a bit immature. I even apologized to her & took it down, but she still defriended me. Crazy!
AOB

Bob G. said...

MsN:
I got both a voting "report card" AND an "audit"...

So, I EMAILED the two offending agencies telling them to remove me from ALL their listings and I'm still waiting to hear back from them...

I have a funny feeling I will not.

What I do with (or without) my vote is solely MY business, and not theirs.

(yeah, I'm so Draconian)...lol.

Stay safe down there.