Monday, June 15, 2009

Addictions

When on earth did I get so dependant on my cell phone? Since I have lived the bulk of my life without one I am surprised at myself. It is the way I keep in touch with my family, I love texting with my grand kids and I love keeping up with modern technology. But sadly some where I have grown addicted to it. And so the other day I left the house to run to Fort Wayne. I forgot my cell phone. OMGosh! I actually felt naked with out it. Here I am in my old rattletrap car (fondly known as POS) and no phone. I went Thru all the what ifs, what if my car breaks down, what if I run out of oxygen. A couple times I was sure I heard my phone beeping and I reached for it only to remember I left it at home. I always have my phone right with me. All I could think of is how many many people were trying to call or text me. And that maybe I had let them down by leaving my phone at home. I was so stressed out thinking about how I would explain to all my people why I was not available all afternoon. I just knew my kids would be worried about me. I got home hurried into my house. Grabbed my phone. Ahhh sweet relief! And there were NO missed calls, No missed Text messages.

Then I was just sad.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Glad to hear you HAD to come up to Fart Waste...I mean FORT WAYNE...sorry to not get to meet you.
Maybe next time.

BTW...what's a CELL PHONE?
(j/k...I just don't HAVE one myself)

I keep meaning to get me one on wifey's plan...just got more important "stuff" to do.

Maybe next week?
(been saying that for TWO years now...LOL)

B.G.

Katie said...

Hah! The Gram the same thing happens to me! I forget my phone when i go into walmart and i the whole time i am so worried that something is going to happen to me and people are going to be calling me and texting me like crazy. So after i'm done i rush outta there to be reunited with my cell....and lo and behold....no missed calls or texts. At this moment, I feel like a loser.

So i text someone to tell them about my story and then i feel better :)