Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Few Thoughts on Jon & Kate

They’re splitting???? Wow! I never saw it coming!!!!! Did ANYBODY see it coming?!?!

I’m sadder than I can say. I'm no fan of Kate's, but tonight I saw a woman devastated. Jon is thoroughly checked out. I felt like I was watching a burning building with 8 children in it. This is sad. A once seemingly beautiful, happy family is now falling apart. It may be for the best, but it's still sad. It's hard enough for ONE kid to not have a dad around all the time, but 8 kids?? Sad situation. I'm not into the show very much anymore, as it has become uncomfortable to watch, with the tension between Jon and Kate coming across the screen. I wish them the best, especially the kids.Not only are they separating, but divorce papers were filed today.
Divorce is seldom a "happy" occasion, but it seems in this situation, it was a long time coming. I was disgusted how Kate played up the victim card throughout tonight's show, saying that this is not what she wanted, not something she is happy about, etc. But she is at least 50% responsible for the dissolution of her marriage (marriage being an equal partnership, for those who think it's all just fun and games). What else did she expect? She berated, belittled, insulted, assaulted, and ostracized her husband for a long time. He's had enough, and now here they are. He finally found his voice and feels it is better for him to walk away, than to stay. Who can blame him? I feel worst for the kids. Not only do they get to stay with Kate (who in my opinion, is the lesser of the two parents), but they've been exploited for some time now, and according to Kate, the show must go on. This means more exploitation of the children. Guess selling her kids out is easier than getting a real job. While divorce is never a fun thing for anyone involved, this is the best possible outcome for these two people. I will no longer be tuning into their "show;" not because of the divorce, but because of what they've become. I am not a fan of Kate Gosselin; she has emasculated her husband for years, and with her "I'm the center of the universe" attitude, she's shown the world what type of person she truly is...one that is selfish, cold, and far from the mother she portrays herself to be in her two books. I'm sure that Jon has his own faults, but The one major thing that caught my attention on tonight's show is that Kate kept referring to the children as "my" and Jon kept referring to them as "our". I think that sums up the entire marriage.
I hope they both do what’s best for their children and find a therapist ASAP!!!!!

No comments: