Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hirsute

hirsute (hur-soot)

  1. hairy, shaggy
  2. covered in long stiff hair.
  3. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of hair.

This morning I happened to look in the mirror just right and the light was just right and *gasp* there on my chin was a shiny hair, about ¼ inch long! All I can think is how the hell did I miss this sucker? I am pretty sure astronauts on the Space Station could see this hair. This leaves me wondering what recipe God used when he made women. But I am sure he figured I will just give them a tiny touch of hair on the upper lip and the chin. Just to help keep them warm in winter. Now I have tried everything but laser treatments; hot wax, bleaching and plucking and shaving. I still have a slight mooosetash and a wild chin hair or two. Is this part of aging? Must I accept it? Can I fight it? Does it come with a side of where are my keys, and I wet my pants when I sneeze? I actually have paranoid fantasies about being in a coma or otherwise hospitalized and unable to deal with my facial hair. In my mind, people stop visiting me, my kids won’t look at me, and nurses laugh at me when they think I can’t hear. I remember one day I was chatting with a woman I worked with and she was talking about waxing her upper lip, and I mentioned that I had to pluck my chin. She told me that she never would have known, and that I must do a good job, because she had never noticed. I was obscenely proud, until I reflected for a moment on how sad that was. I mean, I’m a pretty cool woman who has done lots of interesting stuff, and I was about to burst with pride because someone had complemented my ability to painfully rip hairs from my face. WTF?

4 comments:

Katie said...

This is hilarious! And if you get stuck in a coma and you are unable to deal with your facial hair, I will take care of it for you so people dont stop visiting you and nurses dont laugh at you!!

Love you!!

Katie

ms nk rey said...

Awwww SBG, Thanks I love that I can count on you. I probably should not be spilling all our women secrets on here.
I love you more.
Gram

Bob G. said...

ROFLMAO...!
(and to think I used to refer to such hairs as "curb-feelers")!

I'm after the missus all the time with this...reminds me of my former pastor's wife, and she still a cool person!

I mean I'LL PLUCK THEM, if she doesn't want to...
I consider it my marital AND civic duty to perform such tasks.

"Ya gotta do what 'ya gotta do"
(just don't fret...got the same problem with hair on my EARS (of all damn places)

Who in their right mind think these problems UP, anyway...indeed!
(honest God...my EARS are fine...just put those hairs back on my HEAD, will 'ya?)

Cute post.

B.G.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I think this is incredibly funny! Seriously...I have this going on too...is it age? Is it just some cruel side effect from eating "the apple"? Katie are you going to be available to pluck mine too? I certainly hope someone will. I am going now to double check my chin and the mole on my lip and maybe even my ears. I hope the light is good. *sigh* Billie