Friday, June 5, 2009

Defining Moments

There are defining moments in everyone’s life that we used for measuring time. Here are some of mine. There are many more but these are my most important moments.

December 13, 1962. I had a very long a difficult labor and then I had the sweetest baby boy. He grew tall and handsome and has made me very proud. Almost 5 years ago he moved to Australia and married a great girl from there. He works for the government. I miss him.

November 8, 1965 another very difficult labor ending with a c-section. And I had my second son. A red headed baby boy. He also grew tall and strong married my sweet daughter in law and together they have given me 3 charming, smart, talented, beautiful, perfect grandchildren.

Along the way there were other important days in my life.

November 22, 1963 the day Kennedy was shot in Dallas. Then two days later when Jack Ruby shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald and it was shown live on TV.

I remember I was doing some ironing in front of the TV when a teary eyed Walter Cronkite broke in with the announcement. I remember feeling very sad and upset. I called my husband at work and told him. I remember plain as day his words when I told him he was shot in the head, He said “well that’s a good place” I still can’t shake those words.

There were other defining moments: my grandma’s death in 1969. My divorce in 1974. My second marriage in 1975. ( remember I was raised to be taken care of the scariest time in my life was after my divorce and I had two little boys who depended on me to take care of them and supply all their needs.)

November 5, 1976 and the birth of my youngest son by c-section. Again he grew tall and strong and handsome, he married and gave me a wonderful daughter in law and her adorable son.

Along the way there were other important days in my life.

January 7, 1983. My dad died

November 24, 1989 my oldest granddaughter Katherine Elizabeth was born.

February 27, 1993 my favorite grandson was born Aaron Michael

September 23, 1995 along came sweet Rebecca Grace.

There were many other dates in my life that were markers in time for me. Some good some not so good, but all important.

And now I have a new important date coming up next summer in June 2010 my Sweet Baby Girl is getting married. Katie I love you and I wish you and Adam all the happiness in the world. I am so proud of you both.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Defining moments = Life's mileposts.

Works for me.

And Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Katie said...

Aww Gram Adam and I love you too!! You have been such an inspiration to us, and we're so lucky to have all your support!!