Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blown Away

Wow those 2 words say so much, both positive and negative. I have been sitting here catching up on the news of the devastation in Joplin, MO. A town literally blown away, and my own reaction...being blown away by the loss, sadness, destruction. I can’t imagine how worried they must be about family members they haven't heard from in MO, or mourning the loss of a loved one after the tornado ripped through the town. Whatever you can do, large or small, please consider doing. I know it seems like our country has been besieged by disaster after disaster lately, however it's often the generosity of America's people that helps pull her through times like these. Here is some information if you would like to help our financially. The American Red Cross - To make a donation, visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to your local American Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013. Some times we need to be reminded that there are some folks who have it harder or worse than we do.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
That was what I ended my post today on (after telling "my tale").

We are SO fortunate, and becasue ofthat, weofoten wonder WHY such things happen to good people.

I said to Mrs. Bobby G last night, after she FINALLY made it home and I told her about "my day"...It could always be worse.
And we were very thankful we lived in our part of the Midwest.

But I have to temper my thankfulness and not get haughty about it, because there ARE lots of folks suffering BIG time.
Excellent post.

Stay safe (abnd dry) down there.