Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Coping, Some things I’ve learned:

1. People deal with things differently. If I deal with something differently than you do, that does not make me wrong. It’s hard to see that sometimes because we forget we are all different people and we think “Well if I can do this then you can” and sometimes, a gal just needs to eat brownie dough and not answer her phone for a week or so. And that’s okay.

2. Although I don’t see it, I am stronger than I think. Sometimes it amazes me when people say I am a strong person because I don’t see it. There are so many people out there that have it worse than me so I don’t feel like I have the right to say “I am strong. I made it through that.” But, I DID make it through it, maybe not so smoothly, but I made it. And as corny as it is, I am strong.

3. It’s okay to cry. I haven’t quite gotten this down pat yet. There have been times when I knew I was low as low could go and I wanted to cry, but I held it back. (This probably is because I feel like I have to be strong.) Every few months it ALL comes out. Months of needing to cry spilling out which results in hours of bawling my eyes out which lead to a headache and a very red, blotchy face. At first I wouldn’t tell anybody about it, but I found when I did tell people, believe it or not, they were all understanding! Here I felt like this failure because I gave in and everybody was okay with it. So I’ve learned, it really is okay to cry.

4. Lean on people. I’m not going to mention any name on here, but there was somebody that I leaned on and I know he/she was what got me out of my slump. The feeling I didn’t have anyone to talk to anymore, was gone. This person let me literally tell the same story over and over again. They didn’t try to make things better, they just listened. Everybody has their own issues going on in their lives, but this person made me feel like mine was the only issue (not to sound like a brat) and I am thankful for that because I think I needed that at the time. So thank you!

5. Tell people you love them, you’ll regret it if you don’t.

6. There is definitely a God.

7. Be thankful everyday for what you have. I never pass on spending time with my grand kids They are my pride and joy. Take the extra moments and spend them with the people you care about.

8. I am very stubborn and I know this sometimes has and is going to get me into a lot of trouble. The problem is I know I got that quality from my dad so I’m probably not going to get rid of it, just maybe I’ll learn when to use it better. Sorry in advance.

9. Take pictures. The only picture I can find of dad and I together was taken on Christmas after Greg was born on the 13th. We both look horrible in it, but is is a good memory for me.

10. I am sure there are more ways to cope but these have helped me.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Msn:
I swear ('cause I know a lot of the words) that you and I were siblings in another life...seriously.

With only a few word changes, I can pretty much say the exact same thing you have...that's weird, but in a really good way.

Now, because of what you said today, you know a lot more about me as well.

Excellent post.

Stay safe down there.

CWMartin said...

1. Brownie dough... MMMMMM!
2. My Bible verse- 1 Samuel 7:12.
3. Crying always sets in after the fact for me, and usually when I have the least time and place to indulge.
4. I can remember both using and being that person. I'm glad you had them.
5,6,7- Amen!
8. See Martin rule #3.
9. boy, do I agree!
10.Hobbies, blogs, and a dog to beat up work for me.