Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Beauty

Ah, the beauty of spring. Increased daylight gives us more time to spend outside taking in nature, and one of the greatest rewards nature offers, along with the opportunity to do a little soul searching is to gain some insight into new ways to stimulate your life. I’ve concluded that although my life is fulfilling, I need a little more color and a lot more flavor in mine.

I’ve been particularly focused on bringing more serenity into my life lately and that includes bringing peace to my home and adding more harmony with daily routines, and consistency. I think I need - and deserve- some tranquility.

I tend to believe it all boils down to what we value most in our lives and, for me, it’s home and family.

Home, to me, is unity, peace, and safety. A comfortable place. An inviting place that has intimate, simple touches, accessories and furnishings that reflect me, my personality and my lifestyle.

Surrounding myself with items that brighten my life – it could be pieces of art, framed photographs of family, or eating a meal from the good china - is as important as who I share my time with.

I’ve decided, from this point forward, to avoid things that suck the life completely out of me and take time and energy away from that which I value. Nothing is that important, and I cannot, will not, exchange another day of my life for something inconsequential.

There’s too much beauty in life to admire, opportunities to benefit from, challenges to meet, dreams to realize, songs to sing, games to play – and the price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
You're preaching to the CHOIR (here), and I don't mind it ONE bit...!
I find everything you mention to be similar in my heart as well.

Thing is, I would love to be able to REALLY enjoy it all, but it becomes hard when everyone around you can;t be bothered.
They wouldn't know HOW to enjoy life if it kicked them all in their asses.

Still, I WILL try...never give in, never give up.
And if a moment of serenity DOES come along, I will treat it as an HOUR of such.

This is a marvelous post with plenty of positivity in it.
Thanks...I needed that today.

Stay safe down there.

Joanne said...

Amen! I hope you are able to find that serenity.
Blessings, Joanne