Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bullies

I always think of bullies as a school thing, but I think, we all know it does not end when child hood ends.  Bullies are aggressive and very insecure. I think they bully to make themselves feel better.  I am very non confrontational and I remember very vividly being bullied in school and in my marriages. The best thing you can do is remove yourself from the situation, but this is not always possible. I always try to remember that the bullying comes from the bully’s issues and has nothing really to do with me. Bullying hurts.  And no matter if I am at school, at home or even in a nursing home, or somewhere in between it is the bully who has the problem and not me. Bullies who use words do just as much harm as those who push or shove. As we age and get more physical limitations, it is easy to become a victim. 

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
As a former recipient of bullying, I can say that a swift punch to the face USED to turn them off REAL fast (expecially if they weren't expecting it).

Today, it comes in so many DIFFERENT forms than just the physicality...
Blame much of this on the whole "social media" thing.
And the victims no longer are confined to the young.
ALL ages are prone to bullying of many types.

That's never a good thing, societally-speaking.
We're supposed to be E-volving as a species...and not the other way around.

And kids shouldn't have to commit suicide because of some bully...NEVER.

Very good post.

Stay safe down there.