Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Need

I live on the Wabash River. Yes that famous river in the song Jim Nabors sings every year before the start of the Indy 500. What a beautiful view I have out my back windows. The river is quite wide behind my house and not very deep. It is home to several pair of blue heron and way too many Canada geese. The geese are so noisy and so messy to have around. But they give me many hours of fun watching them. They are up in my yard and even get in the road and stop traffic. I love this house and I love the river. I have lived here for 20+ years. There have been lots of changes in my life during that time. One by one my boys left home ( 2 of them live local and 1 lives in Australia ) and then I got divorced. I bought out my ex and stayed in this big old house. My business was here and I continued to run that until my health caused me to stop working. I miss working so very much. I mostly miss the people. This illness is very isolating. It is hard for me to get around and go out and about. I am scared to death that I will “catch” (cold, flu etc.) something. The cold makes it hard to breathe and on the other hand the humidity is even worse.

For now, I just feel good to be alive. I work hard to accept the limitations I have had imposed on my life and to be grateful that I am able to do as much as I can.



I have succeeded in life when all I really want is only what I really need

No comments: