Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Smoking

I was a long time smoker, back in the day everyone smoked, the Surgeon Generals report had not come out yet. I started smoking when I got my first job after I graduated. It was in a factory.. and every one smoked and thus so did I. They got a good hold on me and I continued to smoke for probably 35 years or more. They ruled my life. I was a slave to tobacco. And I loved smoking.
It got me through 2 divorces, they were always there for me. And they were my best friend at times when I felt I had no friends. I smoked while pregnant (gasp) but we all did. In fact in the hospital you were asked if you wanted a non smoking room .. it was just assumed everyone would want a smoking room. I am not saying this was a good thing it was just our normal.. Much has been learned and much has changed since I put a match to my first non filtered cigarette. Most changed is my life.

No comments: