Friday, September 18, 2009

It's War!

I have a serious serious serious mouse infestation. I saw a herd (correct terminology? – a posse maybe?) Of mice cross my living room last night. So I went out and bought two different kinds of mouse traps.
Well it turns out I have smart mice, that know how to remove peanut butter from a mouse trap without dying. I think they laughed at the traps I put out. They are not afraid of me. I have established their primary gateway into my world is a tiny crack under my kitchen sink. The mouse traps have been repositioned appropriately. Yet I have no dead mice. They laugh at my meager attempts to stop their inevitable takeover. These are smart little bastards. So now I feel that poison will take care of this infestation, however I feel the situation is a little more drastic. I mean do you like going to sleep listening to mice and waking up seeing mice?? I am only eating canned food until I fix this problem. Seriously I bet these guys eat poison for snacks. So maybe I need to borrow/baby-sit/beg/steal a cat. I prefer a bad a$$ed gangsta cat that likes the taste of mouse. The only problem with cats is that they are show offs! They not only will catch the mouse, but will bring it to you or your sleeping body and deposit it where it can't be missed. Usually in your lap. Or, as I have heard from a friend who is the faithful subject to a couple of cats, place it, still alive under your pillow! Now, you must admit that, while it speaks well of showmanship and a certain flair for the dramatic, and points out the feline's prowess as a hunter, it is a bit excessive. And can cause sudden cardiac arrest. Also, you never know with a cat whether or not they come bringing gifts or threats? Maybe a second opinion is required. Maybe even an exterminator
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the Cats! Besides, they will keep your keyboard warm and nose prints on your monitor are promised. Add a bird feeder and dull moments are a thing of the past.
Snakefoot

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I also like the CATS idea, unless you really don't like having them leave YOU a "gift" at your feet from time to time.
Then again, in the GODFATHER, Corleone DID leave a HORSE'S HEAD in one wiseguy's bed, soooo....

MY first thought would be to get some expansion foam in a can and fill those "cracks" under the sink, and anywhere else you believe the mice are doing their "infil".

If push comes to shove, you can "camo-up", dig out the ghille suit, and snipe the little insurgents!!!

Just remember...a .308 round WILL penetrate inner walls of a structure!!!
(and don't forget your ear-protection)

:)

Happy Hunting.
And have a good weekend.