Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Learning Kid

I have always told my granddaughter she is the learning kid. Every parent has a learning kid and my oldest son was my unfortunate one, the one I learned on the one who had to survive all my mistakes that I made in my journey thru Motherhood. He was the first to meet each new challenge, he was the unfortunate one. *Sigh* by the time my baby made it to the same point I had it all figured out. Not so for the oldest He was my prototype. I was young and scared and had no idea what to do. He cried a lot and I did too. He cried all the time. He did not sleep. He would cry all night long. Then sleep all day. I was all stressed out thinking I was doing something wrong that I was not meeting his needs, but he was the only kid and all I did was tend to his needs. When he was older he started crawling and walking and the crying stopped. It was almost like he didn’t like being a baby. He challenged me, he tried my patience, he fought me and he got on my nerves. But he impressed me and amazed me and some how grew up to be a fantastic person, an adventurer and an upstanding citizen of the world.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Msn:
Just goes to show you NEVER can tell, eh?

And considering that NO child EVER comes with an intruction manual, looks like "you done good".
As did he.

I like happy endings.

ms nk rey said...

Thanks Bobby G. some how all 3 of my sons turned out well despite me. I am proud of them.