Saturday, September 26, 2009

NRA

First let me say, I am a proud member of the NRA. From time to time I get emails about special offers that are FOR MEMBERS ONLY. But the one I got today is a bit worrisome to me. It is from the NRA WINE CLUB. Yep you read it correctly a wine club. Now that just doesn’t feel right to me. We can’t have drinking and driving in this country but we can have drinking and shooting?? I close my eyes and see Dick Chaney. In a beautifully worded email they urge me to join this wonderful club and I will receive hand selected bottles of wine every 3 months. It says and I quote “You simply can’t make a bad decision”.

Let's see if we can break this down a bit further.....Hmmmmm.

Wine: Merlot Recommended Food: Rib Eye Steak Weapon: Winchester 30-06 "Allow it to breath......the wine that is."

Wine: Chardonnay Recommended Food: Fish or anything found alive in the water. Weapon: 410 gauge # 6 shot on a bang stick.

Wine: Cabernet Recommended Food: All Fruits (Stop laughing) and Berries, etc. Weapon: Broom stick and butterfly net.

Wine: Sauvignon Blanc Recommended Food: See above suggestions......add squash. Weapon: What's left of the broom....forget the net.

Wine: Chardonnay Recommended Food: Wee Troutie type Fish and those Fruit Thingies Weapon: 410 #4 on bang stick or Nike Zoom Kobe IV's (to chase down the more elusive Fruits.)

All said and done, it should be an interesting outing and certainly, one to be hopefully remembered the next day.

Good Hunting! (Note: All efforts at political correctness have been removed from this missive.)

The six dollar a bottle selection includes “ a wine for every mood, every season, every entrĂ©e.” Supporting Second Amendment Rights signed by Martin Stewart, Jr. founder. I am wondering do you think Martha is behind all this? .. NRA Wine Club

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'BAHAHAHAHA!'.....Your depth of insight into this matter is astounding ! Truly amazing!
Keep up the good work.
Snakefoot

Bob G. said...

MSN:
ROFLMAO!!!

WINE CLUB???
Now an AMMO CLUB would be a LOT more appropriate, don'cha think?
(I can see it now...)

"C'mon pass those '00's over, Rufus...you hang onto that there bottle of Chateau Palmer Margaux Bordeaux...still a few swigs left in it...I got me some 8 point bucks to shoot!"

See...now THAT works for me!

Funny stuff.