Saturday, March 6, 2010

Old too soon smart too late

The older I get the more I learn about myself. My relationship with my Mom has always been a strained one and I never understood why. I want everyone to be absolutely certain and without a doubt that I love my mom. However, I can only like her as much as she will let me. There's that learning thing...as much as she will let me... She's never been very forgiving, loving, happy or friendly for that matter.
I like being happy. That's where the learning comes in. I can't live to please someone that doesn't want to be pleased. I have learned to surround myself with people and things that make ME happy.

Forgiveness is not pretending it didn't happen; Forgiveness is letting go and learning to live freely. enough said

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
That's right...sometimes, YOU have to be forgiving enough for BOTH people.
(which doesn't speak less of someone ELSE...just speaks more about YOU)

It's just a fact of life.

Have a great weekend!

springtime36 said...

Well said Bob G...Couldn't have said it better!