Friday, March 5, 2010

Things parents say

You can whine about it until the cows come home..

"Eat the meat and spit out the bones" which means take in the good parts of what people say and forget about the bad stuff.

Make sure your brain was in gear before engaging your mouth.

"I hope you have children just like you."

"Say what you mean and mean what you say"

"You make a better door than a window!"

Were you born in a barn? shut the door.

"Remember, practice makes closer to Adequate."

No good deed goes unpunished.

Don't borrow trouble. There's enough to worry about today

"You need to pull up another dog" ( When I told my grandma I was cold )

If it's not one thing, it's two

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

A smart person learns from their mistakes. A REALLY smart person learns from other people's mistakes.

"This is why we can't go nice places"

You have champagne taste on a beer income.

"What other people think about you is none of your business."

What part of no don’t you understand?

I don’t care who started it.

Wait till your father gets home.

Your face is going to freeze like that.

Your hands are not broken, or Your arms are not tied.

No one ever said life is fair.

I don’t know is NOT an answer.

Because I said so.

( This post was inspired by Bobby G's blog yesterday.)

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
NOw THIS is the way to begin a weekend!

ROFLMAO...I can STILL hear them telling me!
I have to admit...I'm smiling like a Cheshire cat up here...!

I just used the "barn" reference to Wifey the other day...!

Thank you.
(And I'm sure my parents are smiling down on me as well)
You made my day.

Have yourself a fantastic weekend, dear.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, those are used in the South also...my fav always was, "You look like nine yards of dirt road." (Go take a bath!)
Snakefoot