Thursday, April 21, 2011

April is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Month

How could over half the month gone by without me knowing this? I knew it was National Autism Awareness Month, and National Poetry Month but this one I missed. Oh the greasy goodness of a nice grilled cheese with bacon. Total Heaven. I am so glad Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are finally getting the recognition they deserve. I LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches, they are nature's perfect food. Nearly all of your major food groups are represented; you've got your bread group, your cheese group, and of course your grease group. Just add a big bag of potato chips and a beer for a nutritionally complete meal. Yum! I'm off to make myself a grilled cheese for lunch. There's really nothing better or more satisfying than a perfectly grilled cheese sandwich. I especially like it when the cheese melts out and hits the grill and gets all crispy and fried. Cholesterol be damned!

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:'
That is SO funny...we JUST had them the other night for dinner!
I prefer mine with SWISS cheese...and ham (yum)!
The Missus like regular Ameican cheese.
I could eat them a few times a week.

Growing up, my favorite lunch (we DID go home from school for it in those days) was Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.
(whatta combo!)

I love it still.

Happy Grilled Chese sandwich month!

Stay safe (and hungry) down there.

Anonymous said...

Try pepperjack!

CWMartin said...

In the words of the chihuahua: "OOOH! Gooey cheese!!"

Anonymous said...

It's "cheese toastie" lol :)