Friday, April 29, 2011

Hope

A phrase caught my attention yesterday when I saw it on a book jacket on Amazon.com It said, "Hope is not a plan."

I think I have lived on HOPE my whole adult life.

  • I hope I can pay the bills
  • I hope I can survive yet another setback
  • I hope I am doing the right thing
  • I hope I can find the right words
  • I hope I can live a long life

    While there is nothing wrong in living with hope, merely having hope is not a plan. And when you have nothing but hope or a wish, well...then I think you have to go find a plan.

And a word about our friends in the south:

These storms are a powerful reminder that we are not in charge. My heart hurts for those in the path of the tornado's, and wonder how fast our country will be there to help our own. God be with those all involved and give them strength to endure this hardship. My thoughts are with those who have borne the brunt of this weather.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Theres a double edge sword to Hope it can be encouraging and desperate too. Praying for all who have lost everything. Great post. Blessings, Joanne

Bob G. said...

MSN:
MY hope tends to rest upon the faith I have...and although that might waiver from day-to-day or even moment-to-moment, it remains a part of who I am.

And I think we need to believe that we CAN make it through tough times.
What we often need to remind ourselves is that we NEVER take those steps alone.

Very good post.

Have yourself a great weekend.
Stay safe down there.