Monday, January 4, 2010

Good Morning

garfield

Did you know that Research has shown health benefits of laughter ranging from strengthening the immune system to reducing food cravings, to increasing your threshold for pain. Humor also has several important stress relieving benefits. Laughter reduces the level of stress hormones. It also increases the level of health-enhancing hormones like endorphins. Laughter increases the number of antibody-producing cells and enhances the effectiveness of T cells. All this means a stronger immune system, as well as fewer physical effects of stress. Some of the benefits of laughing
Physical Release: It provides a good workout for the heart.
Distraction: Laughter brings the focus away from anger, guilt, stress, and negative emotions.
Perspective: Humor can give us a more lighthearted perspective and help us view events as 'challenges', thereby making them less threatening and more positive.
Social Benefits of Laughter: Laughter connects us with others. Also, laughter is contagious, so if you bring more laughter into your life, you can most likely help others around you to laugh more, and realize these benefits as well. By elevating the mood of those around you, you can reduce their stress levels, and perhaps improve the quality of social interaction you experience with them, reducing your stress level even more!

So considering the fact there seems to be so much negative going on in the world around me, I see it and read it everywhere sometimes it feels like I can't escape it. I might not be able to do much to change the happenings of the world but I can do something about myself. Laugh more, it feels good and it makes those around me feel better. That’s a very easy way to try to help make life around me a little bit better. And it’s healthy for me too!!!!!!

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

Msn:
I agree with you 100%.
Laughter was (and still is ) the best medicine.

Then again, in my neighborhood, if you wan to laugh your ass off, all you have to do is watch some of the "neighbors"...
They ARE a real hoot (when they're all not being pathetic, or drug-filled).

But, when all else fails, all I have to do is pop in a GEORGE CARLIN tape or record...
Now THAT will seemingly cure most ANY ill.

You know, OUR government really gives us pause to fall over laughing...iof what they're doing wasn't so damn sad on so many levels.
But if the stuff HERE was happening in another country, we probably WOULD be laughing.
(glad it ain't US)

very thought-provoking post.

Anonymous said...

Looking for the humorous side of any situation is a uniquely adult endevor and is a mark of maturity unto itself.
Snakefoot

Anonymous said...

Your a late night person, I love ending my day with watching Craig Ferguson, he cracks me up and has best late night show on TV. Laughing at his show makes the days troubles and bad news I've read or heard go away. Good reminder that people need to laugh;
RB