Thursday, January 28, 2010

John Edwards

Today I heard the news that Elizabeth Edwards has left her husband. My first thought was why did it take so long. Then after thinking it over, I thought why did he not “Man up” and have the gonads to walk away?? Why did he let her be the one to do it? She didn't do anything wrong. She had breast cancer and is in the fight of her life. Then she was diagnosed with bone cancer. She has to deal with herself and help her children adjust to the fact that mom won't always be here. Why does she then have to deal with her cheating, baby making husband and his mistress? And you know she has to deal with his mistress and that child.
I have no respect for a Man who can make a baby and then deny it. I don't care what kind of career you have. You made your bed, you lay in it. Then to top it off, not only did you step out of your marriage, you didn't even use protection. How much more disrespectful can you be to your wife?
Sure there are some women who deal with it for whatever reason. I'm not sure why. I've heard some say there's too much invested between the two of them. Whether that investment is money or the kids, whatever. Did John Edwards hear the part "Forsaking All Others" or was that not in the vows?
Maybe we could say for Elizabeth that Love Is Crazy. Love will make you do some things you thought you'd never do. She stayed for whatever reasons that only she will understand and I respect her for that. But I'm glad she decided that the more and more this stays in the news the more this is going to affect her health.
My message to John, "Why couldn't you be the big boy and go". Why do we hurt the ones we profess to love?

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Msn:
If any of us knew the real answer to that, we'd be among the WISEST people in creation.

Whether the pain is caused by design, or by accident...it still hurt, nonetheless.

This tragic situation is so wrontg on so many levels.
I hope Elizabeth finds the peace of mind she so richly deserves.

Good post.

springtime36 said...

I pray for Elizabeth.She has a very heavy load on her shoulders to carry.Not only does she have to deal with her lying cheating husband, but with her cancer as well.she is a beautiful strong women, and I hope she finds peace in her life.