Saturday, January 23, 2010

To Do


As if I don't have enough to do already, what with breathing and everything,It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these, but I’m quickly learning that the older I get, the more forgetful I get.

Who are you, again?

Nevermind.

Basically, if I don’t write it down, chances are it’s not going to be bought, cleaned, dropped off, picked up, returned, or fed.

Besides, writing stuff down like this kind of makes me feel accountable to myself. So, in the event I blow off anything on this list, I hereby give myself permission to take me to task and publicly humiliate me.

However, I’m totally open to looking the other way in exchange for a donut.

Just in case I’m listening.

Who am I again?

Nevermind.

My To Do list:

  • I need to get the interiors of my closets painted. I’m sick and tired of facing the old depressing, dingy, flat, ugly paint every time I hang up a coat or put away my groceries or store my towels. I need to paint my closets a nice, bright, cheery white that actually makes me want to open their doors and feed them.
  • I need to find pretty pails or buckets or baskets and fill them with bathroom cleaning supplies and then put one in each of my bathrooms. I’m betting that if I eliminate half the work involved in cleaning a bathroom (i.e., running up and down the stairs to the laundry room to fetch and return the toilet bowl cleaner) and keep the supplies replenished and handy, there’s a greater chance that the bathrooms might actually be cleaned more often.
  • I need to put our Christmas wreath away. It’s been hanging on front door since last November. Then again, if I choose to ignore it as I have for the past month, I won’t have to drag my ass up to the store room and hunt for it the day after Thanksgiving. I’m mulling it over. Mulling, mulling …
  • I need to boot up Excel and create a working outline for my mid-life crisis which I’ve tentatively scheduled for next spring, provided the plastic surgeon is back from vacation, the machine shop has fabricated my stripper pole and the tattoo artist has created my custom ink by then.
  • I need a blog redesign. Or I need to pay someone to do it for me. Which brings me to my final item:
  • I need to win the lottery.

So what’s on your to-do list?

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
ROFLMAO...!

I'm damn near crying-laughing up here!

My to-do list:
Lemme see...

--Get some .45 ACP ammo.
--Get the front bedroom painted THIS spring (6 years is a long time to procrastinate, I know...)
--Get a new Washer & dryer
--Look for a newer fridge.
--Perhaps a new roof for the HOUSE (garage was done 2 yrs ago)
--Shoot the neighborhood loudasses (oh, sorry, did I say that out LOUD?)
--Visit my Buddy in Harlan and take the Christmas presents up (we took the previous year gifts up in AUGUST...Christmas in the summer...what fun)
--Sue the city for a breach of the "quality of life" they've been promising.
--Sue some neighbors for trespassing, noise violations, littering.
--Get a nice big German Shepard (and pray he doesn't eat the two cats) to keep the neighbor's kids off the property.
--Change the oil in my car.
--Fix the front seatbelts in my car.
--Sue GM for making faulty seatbelts.
--Quietly await the SECOND COMING.
(did I mention buy more ammo?)

Yeah, that's my SHORT list.
(so far this year)

You made my weekend (again).

Thanks!

:)