Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Question Answered

Some one asked me today why I blog, and why I bother spending so much time putting ideas together and writing about them…especially when so few people read them, and even less appreciate them. They went on to say, while it was a nice hobby, it was probably a lot of time wasted.
That didn’t bother me so much as it made me wonder why, I do this. So this blog post is a short answer to that question. Why write?

The answer:
There are times when I can’t do the things I want to, say the things I need to, or express the anger I feel. Times when words are easier written than said and actions are easier imagined than done. There are times when there’s no one who understands or cares and times when I just don’t want to talk to anyone. For all those times, I’ve written a blog. For the times that I’ve had smoke coming out of my ears, hands trembling from fear and anxiousness to the point of nausea. For the times when I’ve been too unsure about how I felt to act, and times I’ve been completely sure of what I’ve wanted, but unsure of how to get it- that’s when I wrote.
I wrote these blog posts, smiles rolling off my lips and smoke blowing out both ears. It was my indirect way to release anger and fears and share some joy. Some release anger by turning to a bottle of vodka, or making the next available appointment to see their shrink. And me, I blog. And it doesn’t matter much if it’s useful or not, appreciated or not, enjoyable or not. It’s something I do, because therapy is personal. Writing is personal. And more importantly, it makes me feel as though I’m on top of the world.

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I love what you've said here...captures much of the ESSENCE of WHY you blog, and why many others do.
When I thought about why I blog, my first thought was "because I can"...LOL

Then, AFTER thinking on it, I remembered the title of an old Harlan Ellison novel:
I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM

That speaks volumes to me.
Everyone has a voice, but unfortunately, many never had a way of becoming heard.
Now, we do.
ANd judging by those reading the blogs, there MUST be AS MANY willing to LISTEN as those willing to SPEAK.

You've always got my "ear" here.

Keep those hit comin'!

springtime36 said...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GIRL...WHEN I READ YOUR BLOG EVERY DAY,SOME HOW I FEEL CLOSER TO YOU, EVEN WE ARE FAR APART.. YOU MAKE MY DAY!

Sheri said...

So very true!