Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today

I woke up early today, excited that
I have responsibilities today.
I am important.
My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.


Today I can complain because the weather is snowy...
or I can be thankful for the beauty.

Today I can grumble about my health...
or I can be happy that I am alive.


Today I can mourn my lack of friends...
or I can discover new ones.


Today I can whine because I have to go to pay bills...
or I can be happy because I have the money to do.


Today I can whine because I have to do housework...
or I can feel happy because,
I have shelter.


Today... waits ahead of me,
waiting to be formed.
And here I am, the one who gets to decide my day.
What today will be like is up to me.
I get to choose what sort of day I will have.

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

Msn:
Now if THAT isn't self-empowering...I don't really know what is...!

Fantastic!

(and thanks)

ms nk rey said...

I try hard to be a glass full sort of person. Every once in a while I need a kick in the butt to remind me how fortunate I really am. Thanks for coming by.

Anonymous said...

My glass sprung a leak.
Snakefoot

Bob G. said...

Snakefoot:
My only beef is when someone comes running past (not looking where THEY'RE going) and knocks MY glass over...

:)