Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiger

Some thoughts floating around in my brain while I was watching his televised confession and I am sorry tour:

I watched the Tiger Woods apology. Sheesh. Now a 3 day media $hit $torm of jerks analyzing it. I feel bad for his family though.

That press conference had the heartfelt sincerity of a hostage video

So Tiger’s mom raised him to follow Buddha and he lost track and started following booty.

He defended his wife Elin and apologized.He mention her by name 10 times.

I do wonder if he is sorry for what he did to his wife and children or if he is sorry he got caught.

I actually do wish him well in his journey going forward.

Apparently Tiger Woods will return to golf as soon as his wife gives him his balls back

Tiger Woods is a disgrace, but I'm glad his apology was televised! We should never have elected him to golf! HE SHOULD BE GOLFPEACHED!

Sorry, I'm confused. Who did Tiger Woods sleep with: a small mammal, a family member, the Queen? All this 'sorry' stuff seems a bit over the top.

Leave Tiger Woods alone and let him live his life. Who am I or anyone else to judge him. Besides there are more important things to focus on in my life.

Anyone care to explain why Tiger Woods owes 'us' an apology? He didn't cheat on any of us. Or with any of us. At least, I don't think he did.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Had pretty much the EXACT same convo w/ the missus last evening...
It bugs me when we "elevate" the status of athletes, pop stars or actors to such an iconic level...all the while dismissing many of the REAL heros and role models in life.

Used to be a time when what "famous" people did remianed in the background (and relatively off the media radar)...and we seemed to make it through THOSE times just fine, didn't we?
I mean, we weren't all going through any sort of "entertainment withdrawal", right?
I'm just sayin'...

Good post.