Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day

singles-awareness-day

I think Valentine's Day is a dumb holiday. Kids (and their parents) scramble to make sure that they get a valentine written to each of their classmates. Later in life, guys spend tons of money on jewelry, flowers, candy, dinner, and lingerie all in the hopes of getting laid. No work gets done in an office as flowers get delivered, and all the women have to Oooh and Aaah over each bouquet. It's a good day if you own a card store or you're a florist. What a scam. Some people may be crying the blues that they are all alone on Valentine's Day. Not me. I consider it a perk! For all you married folks and especially you guys who have a girl who you're trying to impress on a date (poor bastards), repeat after me: It will all be over with in 24 hours. That is unless you get her a crappy gift, then you will never hear the end of it. Never!

73103

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Love the Garfield...cute.

I got the missus a vase with roses (delivered)...she said it was the first time in 12 years (seemed longer...LOL)

Yeah, she's a "keeper".
And you know...after all this time...I'm STILL "hearing about it"...ROFL!

Funny thing...always wanted to own and operate a flower shop.
And with good reasons.
-I can play my classical music out the butt all damn day.
-People hardly EVER shout in those shops.
-No kids roaming through the aisles, disrupting everything.
-They almost NEVER get held up!
-Ditto for vandalism.
-And they smell fantastic!

I mean, what's there NOT to like, eh?

Have a Happy Valentine's Day (anyway)...in keeping with the situation!

:)

(I got the countdown clock running...lol)