Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bridges

By a certain age you have probably decided how to live your life. I am not sure what age I was when I figure out my life plan. I didn’t set down one day and decide to live a certain way, I found that I had been living that way all along and was finally putting the pieces together. Life is more rewarding if you can touch peoples lives and leave them a tiny bit better off. It could be some advice, or just a laugh you share. Life has many twists and turns and you never want to burn a bridge as you may want to cross it in the future. It is impossible to have every relationship you leave have a happy exit. Some folks are just happier when they are miserable. Giving them a chance to bury the hatchet is more than likely just giving them another chance to bury it in your back. Still I think it is very important to make every effort to make peace. If I extend my hand in friendship and it is rejected there is not much I can do but move on with my life. At some point in all our lives we will look back and take stock of our mistakes some affect others and are forgotten, others fester and cause hard feelings. I am happy that there are only a couple people in my life whose relationship with me is in need of repair. The future is happening so fast that it is hard to spend time in the past. I think the older I get the better I am at not stepping on the toes of people around me.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I learned a while back the same thing you mention here.

When I;'done all *I* can to mend the fence, and the OTHER person still has a problem with it...that's on THEM...period.

I also learned to never burn my bridges behind me...you never know when the road ahead will cause the need for an impromptu "detour", and if we have to back up across a bridge or two to get moving back FORWARD...all the better for us.

Very insightful & inspirational post.

Stay safe (and warm) down there.