Monday, January 31, 2011

Say what you mean

You know how sometimes you hear people or maybe yourself saying certain things and as soon as you hear it you think to yourself that's not what they really mean. You know it's true. We all say things we don't really mean. We do it to be socially appropriate or to display positive parenting. We do it so we don't get our butts kicked by people bigger than us or so we get that raise at work. We all do it. When you are trying to pee in a public bathroom and someone pushes the door open you say: "Oh it's okay."
What you mean is: "I'm in here trying to pee and the door just slammed me in the head. If I wanted you to sit in my lap I would have invited you."
So what is it that you really mean?

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I have to smile at this...becasue I'm one of those "oddballs" that DOES say what he means...and someone is usually trying to put my ass in a sling FOR saying it...LOL!

Then again, what you see and hear IS what you get with me...ain't trying to hide anything, that's for sure.
And Mark Twain once said something about telling the truth being easier than remembering all those lies...makes snese to me.

I think our only issue is that too many of the "right" people (read those in some sort of power) just don't pay the hell attention ENOUGH.
Mayb they're the WRONG people?
Just a thought...

Very good post, and I don't prefer public restrooms because of the situation you mention...I'm the one that shouts: "Yo, I'm taking a dump in here".

Have a safe (and warm) week down there.

Joanne said...

I'm have always been very aware of what I say to others. I try never to hurt anyones feeling, however the more i do that lately the more people feel it's ok to hurt my feelings left and right . It's wierd. so this year I have adopted not to be such a pushover and tell people exactly how I feel.....needless to say there have been a few who haven't appreciated the new me.great post.
Blessings, Joanne

indy said...

well that train for promotion at work sailed ALONG time ago. now when i call people ass kisser i not only have told the truth but i feel good for saying what i mean. oh i love being impolite. well not all the time but for the VAST majority of the time. i'll say about 99percent.