Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fun Suckers

I have negative people in my life. To be honest I mostly avoid them. But sometimes I can’t for one reason or another. They are like Black Holes that suck the life out of me. I try to stay positive and strong but they ooze negativity and it drains me and I feel exhausted and sometimes a bit depressed. Maybe you refer to them by the sob sister, the drama queen or king, the blamer. When I am exposed to one of them I become tense and on my guard. I can’t wait to get away from them and I can feel my energy drain from me. The worst offender to me is the person who complains and complains but never actually does anything to change things. The old “keep doing what your doing, keep getting what you get”.

Energy Vampires ( fun suckers) will appear in your life. I think the goal is to learn to deal with them before they appear. If you don’t they will suck the life right out of you with out even realizing it.

What is it about us Human beings that we can only see the negative in others? The negative in situations, the faults. We are all so ready to run people down, see the worst in each other. This causes us to become very negative people. We become bitter, angry and stressed.

There are a few things I try to do, and I stress TRY to be more positive in my outlook and conversations with others.

I am learning to think positive thoughts.

I know every one is fighting their own battle with life. I am. But I don’t think that gives any one the right to stomp on others dreams and happiness.

2 comments:

indy said...

you hit upon a very popular topic that i have found in my real life friends and people that i work with. also with a chat community that i chat with now and then. we have been talking on this line of talk now for about a week. and no, i am not the one to innuate the topic. your right. its very important to be positive. read the bible and read positive books about positive thinking. next time a fun sucker comes by you should remind them in your own fun way that they are sucking your fun out and putting dripping clouds on a positive day. i have been a fun sucker in the past (a past not too far gone away) but it never did achieve anything except bringing the devil into other peoples lives and my own. fun sucker= devil's helper.

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Believe it or not, my mother-in-law (in TX) is like that (with me).
See, we're both strong-willed individuals and there is a clash of personalities.
I don't berate her, and I TRY to get her to see something other than the ONE THING she fixates on...
Most times I fail, but at least I tried.
Can't do more than that.

The only "fun-suckers" I see these days are all those living around us with NO IDEA where they want their lives to go.
It's hard NOT to notice it and it is frustrating.

I just do what *I* do and keep being the person I am and teach them by the manner in which I live MY life. They can watch...and they can learn.
(or not - their choice)

It ain't perfect (God knows), but it IS a lot more postive.
(even on those "down" days)

Keep the faith.
Be who YOU are.
Stay strong.