Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Confidante

A friend once told me I was their go to person, the person they could tell everything and anything too. That meant a lot to me. I am glad I can be there for someone who needs to talk. I am a good listener, I sometimes give advice and sometimes not. Most times people just need to have someone who listens and they will figure it out on their own. But I am glad I can be their go to listener. I am glad I can be that person for them.

On the other hand, I try to keep things bottled up and if you ask me how I am you will get my stock answer. “I am good and you?” I feel like if I tell someone something I am giving them a load to carry and then they will worry about me and I certainly don’t want to burden them so I mostly remain quiet.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
We are social creatures, and we DO need to either speak our peaceor be that ear to listen to others...
I always tell Wifey that when I get REAL quiet...(and I'm not stalking anthing, or anyone)...that's time for concern.
I tend to be gregarious in my life...and I had to LEARN to be that way. I used to be shy (hard to believe...lol)
And I've always been there to listen.

Very good post...

Stay safe down there.

springtime36 said...

Boy! You were my "go to person" for quite awhile...MY LIFE IS PEACEFUL AND WONDERFUL NOW as I hope yours is! Wish you were closer.I miss you!