Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Risks:

Everything you do has some sort of risk factor. Even falling in love. You could get your heart broken or be with that person for the rest of your life. Walking down the street involves taking a risk, you could get hit by a car, you could be bitten by a dog or you could see a beautiful rainbow. Driving your car is also risky, you could be in an accident and be hurt or killed. Or you could safely arrive at your destination and make memories to enjoy for years to come. There is nothing more risky than being a sky diver. Your chute could fail to open or you could soar with the eagles. New foods are risky, they could taste horrible or they may be wonderful and something you would order again. Just waking up in the morning is risky. You are taking the risk of actually living your life. After all life is the biggest risk of all. What have you done lately that is risky??

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Every moment we kive is risky, if you stop and think about it.
But we have the capacity to assess the LEVEL of risk involved in whatever it is we do, and thereby manage to live our lives.

Some risks cannot be avoided.
Other we take upon ourselves BY CHOICE.

I've always said that I never plan to take ANY risk that I can't come out 100% on the other side with.

But, you FIRST have to remember that line Clint Eastwood used in the movie MAGNUM FORCE:
"A man's got to know his limitations"

Fantastic quote.

Excellent post.

Stay safe (and dry) down there.

Bob G. said...

LOL...kive=LIVE (typo demons)
Sorry.

:)

CWMartin said...

I always remember the story of a newlywed couple in which the wife had a heart attack (from an undiscovered genetic condition) as he carried her across the threshhold. Anytime I'm unhappy with my lot in life, I remember that. Everything's a risk. As for my biggest risk... hmmm... I guess for me the worst ones never seem to be that bad at the time. To my shame, I'll say all the drinking and driving of my misspent youth. A lesson thank God no one else had to pay for me to learn.