Saturday, March 26, 2011

Money Money Money

Money sure isn’t going as far as it used too. Gas is $3.66 a gallon and going up daily. The juice that I normally buy has gone up 25% in price. That is in just the last week. Bread is higher that ever before and don't get me started on milk. Trying to buy healthy food is breaking the budget. It is cheaper sometimes to buy not so healthy food. I am not talking organic healthy, I am talking fresh or frozen instead of canned or boxed food. As for boxed food, I remember Kraft macaroni and cheese being a quarter a box, now it is over a dollar!!!!! I am thinking I need to gain some more weight so I will have some fat to live on when I am older and cannot afford to buy food.
Depression or recession? Call it what they want. If you ain't rich your SOL.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I remember when Mom sent me to the corner store (we used to have THOSE, too) with TWO dollars...and I came home with a BIG bag of stuff (and change).
-Bread was 27 cents a loaf.
-1/4 lb lunch meat was 70 cents.
-quart of milk was about 50 cents.
-lb of ground beef was under a buck.

Just TRY and get snything CLOSE to that THESE days!
And the "five and dime" stores?
(yeah, right)
Thing of the past.

The DOLLAR STORES have some good items, but I wasn't much on all the "name-brand" stuff growing up.

ANYTHING is "healthy" food as long as it's in moderation...(that's my story and I'm sticking to it...lol)

Good post.
Makes me long for those good old (CHEAP) days.
When a dollar's worth of gas got you close to TWO GALLONS (and got you home).

Have a great weekend.