Thursday, March 3, 2011

Is spring in the air? and some Haikus

Even though it was only 38 degrees out today I can definitely feel spring in the air! Yes spring is just around the corner. There are more birds chirping when I am outside. It is now daylight when I wake up and stays light out till after 6:30 at night. I can’t wait for the trees to start budding and the grass to turn green again. Ah Spring I have missed you.


Look, can you see it?

Mother Earth getting ready

to bring forth new life.


Birds fly here and there

Homes they make for little ones

Spring, the time for birth.


Tiny blades cut the ground

Uncurling their leaves skyward

Welcoming the Spring.


Listen, Do you hear it?

Birds singing, wind whispering

Spring is coming soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is here, yesterday saw the first buzzard of the year. Also a flock of Sandhill Cranes.

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I'm just waiting for the first CROCUS to peek it's head above ground in our garden...lol.

Stay safe & dry down there.

Anonymous said...

Our crocus showed their heads last week just in time to get covered with snow. Have a white one almost open.

Joanne said...

I don't think I have ever been so anxious for spring to arrive than this year! Blessings, Joanne