Monday, March 21, 2011

growing

As I was growing up I lived in a house in a neighborhood where everyone else had lived for years (including my parents) I did not make many friends because there were not many my age in the neighborhood. The few friends I made growing up, I can count on 1 hand. Then high school started. Life changed. I never did fit in. I was the odd girl. I did not dress the way others did. I did not own stylish clothes. I had short hair when long hair was popular. I was not a freak, I was not a prep or a jock, I was a nothing.

Many people when they meet me think I am standoffish, maybe I am. Partly it is because I usually do not hear what they are saying or I can't clearly hear what they are saying. Another reason is I get hurt easily, I trust easily therefore I get hurt easily. I have acquaintances, people I speak to and wave at, only a few that I can call and say let's have lunch I need to talk.
Today I still can count my physical friends on one hand. I have one friend that I have known for years. She knows many of my secrets but not all. She is the one special person I have in my life. I don't get to see her often enough since we live so far apart.
Where was I going with this?. I am not lonely anymore even though I am alone most of the time.
Where was I going again? Still not sure. I know I had something in mind when I started but this is where I ended up. I think I will stop this entry and get on with whatever I was doing before I started it. If I can only remember what that was......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm one of those you can always call & say lets do lunch! Especially if its Bummies! lol
And just so you know, you are very special to me.
AOB

ms nk rey said...

It just so happens Bummies is open for the summer! I love Bummies. I was sort of sideways when I wrote that. Guess it was the invite to my high school reunion that set me off.

Bob G. said...

Msn:
I have come to learn the difference between BEING ALIONE...and BEING LONELY.

I suppose you learn things like this when loved ones pass...or you missed more than one special opportunity in life.

Whatever the case, I DO appreciate my being alone whenever it occurs, but I definitely KNOW that I will NEVER be LONELY.

Someone is always watching over every one of us.
And that's gotta account for something.

Stay safe down there.

CWMartin said...

Sounded a lot like my high school experience. And a bit like me.
I don't have problems with reunion invites, though, I just don't go. The important people I'm still in touch with, everyone else is just virtual gossip.