Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Depressing OMG

One thing about living alone, you have plenty of time to just think.

I had a friend read my blog the other evening, he was gone quite awhile and when he came back he said it was “depressing” Wow I was shocked, the last thing I consider my life to be is depressing. I have a health concern but I am living a very good life and I thought I was handling it well and was not complaining. I was shocked and a bit dumbfounded. I suppose the whole subject is a downer but gee folks my life is anything but sad and depressing. My goal on here was to give people some insight into living with a chronic illness. The last thing I want is any one to feel sorry for me. I was upset that it seemed to upset him. I am sure he has continued on and never given it a minutes more thought. And here I am still thinking about it and rethinking this whole blog thing. Maybe he had no clear idea of my struggles and challenges, and it was more of a shock to him. At any rate I do NOT consider my life to be depressing I am very happy with my life.. It is the best it has ever been.

If anyone has any comments I would be very happy to hear your take on my blog.

Be kind and be gentle I am new.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Kay,
I don't find this depressing at all. I find it very inspirational. You've been through a lot but you've overcome the obstacles and now you're living a happy, content life. I hope I can stay as positive as you.

I remember the times we all got together (all smoking). I quit about 6 months ago. My doctor gave me Chantix and it was amazing. I had tried patches, gum, lozenges, you name it. The Chantix really worked for me. Kind of expensive but my daughter doesn't have health insurance and she got hers at the health dept. for a fraction of what it cost me.

If anyone reading your blog wants to quit, they should ask their doctor about it.

ms nk rey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ms nk rey said...

Thanks Kathy I am glad you quit. I used zyban.. it was mega expensive, I had no insurance. but I am so glad I found the money. Thanks for the encouragement Kathy! I am enjoying this blog thing.