Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Do You Tweet?

I am on twitter and very seldom tweet. I find it funny that 1742 people follow me. I don’t even know that many people. Who are these people and why are they following me? In twitter land is it the more people you follow the better your rank in twitterville is? I only follow 39 carefully chosen people who give me information. Fox News, CNN, John McCain and friends and family members. I am not against twittering I just don’t seem to have that many interesting things to say. Somehow this not twittering is causing me stress, I signed up because I was told by people I know and respect that it would help grow my blog. I am not going to de-twitter myself, as I might tweet occasionally. I do love listening in on other people’s conversations. In a nutshell (or a Twitter-sized, 140-characters-or-less post) I like Twitter’s short, sweet flow of information. And the way it allows me to choose what information to follow. I do like it when some one tweets about something and includes a link to more information. Then if I want to learn more I can or I can book mark it for later. It seems to be a good way to share ideas and for self promotion. You can step in or out of a conversation when ever you want. In many ways I feel like I am back in grade school passing notes. I plan to hang in there and hope something interesting comes to my mind to tweet about.

3 comments:

springtime36 said...

NK....OH COME ON!....TWEET? I HEAR PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT, BUT I DO NOT KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT IT....MY NEICE SIGNED ME AS HER FRIEND ON FACEBOOK AND THAT IS AS FAR AS IT WENT...SHE ASKED ME IF SHE WAS MY ONLY FRIEND...I REPLIED PROBABLY "UNTIL THIS GRANDMA FIGURES THINGS OUT" IF ONLY YOU LIVED CLOSER SO YOU COULD UPDATE THIS "OLD SCHOOL" GRANDMA....COLLETTA

ms nk rey said...

OMGosh I would love to help you figure things out.. come over anytime. I am on facebook too. I use it to keep in touch with my grandkids.. my profile says " Katie and Adams gramma and the oldest person on facebook" Thanks for stopping by my blog. I miss our fun times my dear far away friend.

Kathy said...

springtime36 sounds like me. My daughter talked me into signing up for facebook. I have very few friends in there. My niece, my daughter, my sister, my boss, a girlfriend and the only 2 schoolmates that are on there. Can't figure it all out. My daughter is TRYING to help me but......