Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Call List

I am sick and tired of getting computer generated phone calls.You know the ones, press 9 to get our exciting offer. So I sat down one day last week and sent the following email to my state attorney general, also here is the reply I got with in minutes. I try not to be "that crabby old woman" and I try to be kind to the callers because I know they are only trying to earn a living. I always try to get to a live person explain that I am on the no call list and ask them to remove me from the calling list, I have been grunted at, sighed at, rudely hung up on, but never removed from the list. But I have had enough. No more "Ms Nice Old Woman"

MY LETTER to Indiana Atty General:

Sir:

First I want to say I am a disabled senior citizen of this state and have been for all of my life. That being said I assume you know I am on a fixed income and am responsible for my own bills. Which I pay in full each month.. One of which is my phone bill. I keep my phone for my use and my use only. I signed up to be on the no call list when it was first started.
My question to you is: Why am I getting phone calls trying to sell me every thing from health insurance, to a car warranty ( my car is 15 yrs old) a lower credit card rate ( I have NO credit cards). And the usual newspapers, state police and other annoying ones. I ask you how can this be? Just today while in the shower my phone rang. I answered it and it was some peppy sounding gal named Cindy wanting to sell me health insurance. I have no numbers to send you because I do not have caller id, why don't I you ask? Because it costs to much is why. (see second sentence) Is there any thing you can do about this? And if you are not the correct person to address this problem would you please forward it along to who ever is in charge of this No Call List..
Thank you in Advance for any help you can offer me.
Sincerely
Nk Reyxxxxx
123 My St.
Mytown In 46xxx.


The REPLY
Thank you for your email. Yes, it is our office that enforces the no call law; however there are people and groups out there that have chosen to break this law and unless we are told who they are we cannot find them. Telemarketers have found a way to get around the rules. Even if you had caller ID, many of them have the number blocked. If you do happen to talk to one and can get any information from them our office will be more than happy to try to do all we can.

No comments: