Thursday, May 14, 2009

A New Me

I really think that I need to stop treating myself so gently. We should all treat ourselves as breakable and beautiful, because we are. And I know that I need to take care of myself physically. As I sit here in front of my computer drinking my first cup of coffee, I think I have been treating my self gently but not treating myself well. I thought I was doing that by doing nothing at all. I have not been cooking, not going out, not participating in life outside my walls, while I sit on my ever expanding butt watching movie after movie, spending endless hours on the computer, and not doing myself any favors by doing so.

So I have made a bucket list!

1. Ride a roller coaster. Hmmm well in theory that is good but in reality it would probably kill me.

2. Finish my tattoo. Another one good in theory but I have since decided I am not into pain. It will remain unfinished.

3. Sing Karaoke. With Susan Boyle! Not likely, but anything can happen

4. Start drinking. I have never had a taste for alcohol but people look like they are having so much fun.

5. Play the lottery. I have never purchased the first ticket scratch off or drawing. I can’t win if I don’t play and I am due for a windfall.

6. Buy a Harley and join Hell’s Angels. Have always loved riding bikes but have never owned one. I would paint it pink and ride proud, with my oxygen tank strapped on the back.

7. Go on the road with the Blue Collar Comedy guys, Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the cable guy, Ron White (tater salad) and Bill Engvall.

8. Learn to play the guitar. It looks like fun and sounds awesome.

9. Win the Nobel Prize. Hey now, it is my list!

10. Have a sandwich named after me.

11. Skydive... haven't gotten around to it yet for some reason... oh yeah, heights scare the ever living crap out of me.

12. Ride on a Mardi Gras float.

13. Feel comfortable in my own skin.

14. Find six (6) people I have wronged and make it right.

15. Plan and execute a bank heist. This would finance my goals.

5 comments:

springtime36 said...

NK....I HAD TO LAUGH WHEN I READ THESE....ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR OXYGEN TANK STRAPPED ON THE BACK....IF THAT HAPPENS, WHIZ ON DOWN TO SEE ME,OR GET IN A CANOE IN BACK OF YOUR HOUSE AND FLOAT 50 MILES DOWN STREAM AND STOP IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!

ms nk rey said...

Would love to see you and if I ever get a Harley or a canoe.. you can bet I will head that way. Ahhh the good ole days. Thanks for stopping by.

AWB said...

Anytime you want to go have a drink and sing Karaoke just let me know.

AWB said...

Oh, this is AWB :)

Bob G. said...

M:
My trouble is the opposite.
As I'm getting odlder, I'm still wailing away at myself, in a progressively vane attempt to prove that I'm still "25", when in fact, I'm rapidly approaching the number "60" milestone...LOL.

All it takes to remind me, is the assorted aches and pains which, in no small part, drives home our maker's point!

"We're only as young as we feel" is not the entire truth...believe you me.
SOme mornings, I feel EIGHTY!
(at least arts of me do)

Good post, and thought-provoking to boot.

Stay Well.