Friday, October 30, 2009

Facts for Friday

  1. The three most profitable sections in a supermarket: meat, fresh produce, and pet food.
  2. Five percent of Americans think "espresso" is an overnight service.
  3. Yum yum! A pound of houseflies contains more protein than a pound of beef.
  4. Mr. Potatohead was the first toy advertised on TV.
  5. Americans fill in 54 acres of crossword puzzle space everyday.
  6. There are more than 35 million ex-smokers in the U.S.
  7. Among other things, the ancient Greeks invented counterfeiting.
  8. Twelve most-often-used letters in the alphabet: E,T,A,O,I,N,S,H,R,D,L,U.
  9. McDonald's restaurants reportedly make about 40% of their profits from "Happy Meals."
  10. In studies, kids who'd been breast-fed scored eight IQ points higher than formula-fed kids.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Lemme see how I fare on this list:
1- Agreed.
2- I'm not one of "them".
3- Ever try to wrangle a POUND of those flighty little buggers?
4- And NOW...he's our PRESIDENT!
5- FIFTY FOUR Acres?
Make a helluva WIND FARM (or shootin' range)!
6- And I'm NOT one of them, either.
7- Those darn fake Hoplites!
8- Bet texting helped with that conclusion!
9- Well, THAT should counter all those lawsuits from PETA!
10- Dunno...I was formula-fed and have a 131 IQ (but I DO have a breast fixation...does that count?)

Another fun list to start my weekend...thanks!

:)