Thursday, October 8, 2009

My World




Today I thought I would share a little bit of my world. This is my back yard. It is the famous Wabash River. Yep the one Jim Nabors sings about every year at the Indianapolis 500. Every day I look at this as I drink my morning coffee. It was raining as I took these but I think you get the idea. We moved here many years ago from Logansport where I also lived on this very same river. Before that I lived on the Tippecanoe River in Winamac. That was many moons ago. There is something about watching the river that calms me.
You have to agree it is beautiful.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Damn, that's pretty...!!!
But, I'm from Philly (East coast), and to "me", the Wabash "river" looks a LOT like our Pennypack CREEK...LOL.

Now the DELAWARE...THAT is a RIVER!

Makes me wonder how George Washington was "said" to have thrown a silver DOLLAR across it...even IF a dollar DID go a LOT FARTHER in HIS day...?!?

(just messin' with 'ya)

Nice and serene...love to canoe along it....(next life maybe)

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow lucky you. What a beautiful spot.