Friday, August 3, 2012

5 on Friday

1. How do you react to people begging at intersections?
I'll always try to give something to them , and if it's an actual charity organization or something like selling the vet’s poppy’s, the firemen with fill the boot etc.(in which case it probably doesn't count as begging).
 
2. How do you react to people stranded in cars along the road?
It depends a lot on where I am,   All I can personally offer, though, is the use of my cell phone or jumper cables; I'm no good for changing tires or towing or anything like that.
 
3. How do you react to telemarketers?
I don't tend to get a lot of telemarketing calls, thankfully (probably because I am on the do not call list), but I'm polite while still trying to get off the line quickly. (Does anyone actually ever buy things from telemarketers? ). I respect the fact that they are working and trying to support themselves and maybe their family. Sometimes I just lie and say I'm under 18 and my parents aren't home or something.
 
4. How do you react to anonymous blog comments in your blog?
If they are rude etc. I'll just write them off as a troll and ignore them. If they're advertisement/spam comments, I sometimes will delete them. (For some reason I get very few trolls).

 5. How do you react to online quizzes?
I take them and enjoy them, generally.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

If its MDS on Labor Day they have a shot. If its Joe or Jane Doe with a cardboard sign, I say a prayer that they figure out that their time would be much better spent getting out applications. When we went to a Reds game in Cincy, there were a ton of homeless begging around the stadium, including a 200 lb. girl barely in her twenties who claimed to be "hungry". The only one who stood a chance with me was a dude whose sign read, "I won't lie. I want beer."

2. These days, I assume that, unless they're flagging me, everyone has a cell phone.

3. If I can get a word in edgewise, tell them I'm not interested. Anyone else, click.

4.Most of them get sent to spam by Blogger. The rest get dealt with on a my-amusement basis.

5. I get most of my music doing surveys for cash.

Bob G. said...

MsN:
This is going to be "fun"...

1) Well, if they're BEGGING for me NOT TO HIT THEM, I comply easily enough. And no spitting on my windshield to clean it off for a buck...that dog ain't gonna hunt.

2) If I can ascertain that they truly NEED help, I have no issue with pulling over, or at least alerting someone who can help them.

3) We're on the NO-CALL lists (state AND federal), so they get the "how did youg et my number?" and "I'm aon the no call list"...that usually gets them to NEVER call back, especially if you promise to report them to the states Atorney's general.

4) I have moderation with NO anonymous comments...everyone should OWN their words.

5) I kinda like them...found out I was a fiscal conservative, a social moderate...AND BATMAN...LOL.
(gotta love those)

Have a great weekend.
Stay safe down there.