Thursday, August 2, 2012

Troubles and Woe

I've been having a  rough go of it lately. It seems like every time I turn around, I get another piece of bad news or something else negative (or costly) happens. I'm trying not get all down and "poor, poor pitiful me" about it. It is what it is. And, truthfully, some of it shouldn't have been all that unexpected--if only I had given it a proper place on my radar and not learned to tune out its annoying, constant blip. Just  for the past few days, I woke up and thought, "Hey, at least there's nothing else in my life that can possibly go wrong!" but then--just like that--something else happens.
I'm actually at the point where it's starting to get funny. For real. If anything else goes wrong, I'll probably just starting laughing. That's where I'm at. Truth be told, I've been lucky that the things that have gone wrong have all been fixable things that have just come at a  bad time, and have not been all health related. So, at least I have my health, such as it is.
Life truly is a journey, I feel like I had climbed halfway up the hill and then tripped and fell about two thirds of the way back down. Not only do I need to wait for all the wounds to heal, but then I need to get back up and cover all that distance again. It kind of sucks, but like I said before, it is what it is. As Maya Angelou so eloquently put it, "When you know better, do better." Now it's time to do better. It's hard. It seems like it's going to take a lot of hard work to get back on track. I'm sure that once stuff stops going wrong, and I have a couple weeks of sanity, it won't seem so bad. But for right now, I just don't know. It's hard to get a clear perspective while I'm still in the thick of it. But speaking of Journey, I'm going to listen to Don't Stop Believin' now. Maybe it'll make me feel better.

3 comments:

CWMartin said...

Been there, done this. It will settle down soon, I'm sure, for the forces against us just don't have that much in the way of imagination.

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Yep, I can so relate to your situation...
And if I didn't know better, I'd swear we were living similar lives.
(in different towns)

We're all in the same boat...just at different oars!
(So WHO THE HELL told Caesar is was OK to go water-skiing anyway, huh???)

Hang in there and hang TOUGH.

Stay safe down there.

Anonymous said...

Mz. Scarlet never quits!!