Friday, August 10, 2012

5 on Friday

1. Bully, teacher's pet, geek, shy kid in the corner, or something else?
Shy kid in the corner. I  was the invisible person in class. I also was (and am) somewhat a loner and not good at making friends. So I was on my own, ignored even by bullies.
2. What did/do you usually eat during lunch time at school?
I went to school way before my small school had a cafeteria so I packed my lunch usually a sandwich and maybe a piece of fruit.
3. What did/do you normally wear to school? Thinking back to what you wore(if you've already graduated), do you like it?
I just wore general street clothes that were out of style. Girls wore dresses and boys wore slacks no jeans allowed. No ‘gym’ shoes allowed either. We wore saddle shoes and the guys wore white bucks. It was a different time.
4. Any sports/activities/clubs you participate(d) in?
I did not join any clubs or activities. I never was a joiner.
5. Any worthwhile friends you (would) still keep up with after graduation?
The only friend I didn't lose is one I knew way before school. There are a couple of people I wish I could get back in touch with, but I am bad at staying in contact.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1)I guess something else. I had lots of friends in school & I wasn't shy at all. Certainly not a teachers pet either.
2)I always went home for lunch when in elementary & jr. high, but in H.S. I ate in cafeteria.
3)I always wore skirts & sweaters or dresses & saddle shoes.
4)No sports, but I was in the Pep Club (cheer block), FHA, newspaper staff, & anything I could be in.
5)Lots of "worthwhile" friends & yes I still keep in touch with them. Some of them I still talk to weekly.
AOB

Anonymous said...

1] something else. assuming we're talking high school, I was 'motorcycle riding-urban cowboy - hotrodder. [way before those middle two terms were ever used in the same sentence]

2] Walked 2 blocks to where I parked, drove to fast food restaurant, drove back, parked and walked back to school. In 25 minutes. they REALLY wanted us to stay there...

3] Jeans , boots and T-shirt. Add flannel shirt for cooler weather. And a big coat!
Yep, I liked it - still dress that way.

4] nope, not into that stuff. Oh, hold it, I did join DECA, but that was solely so I could 'job out' through the program and get out of school early and go make a couple shekels.

5] Basically one - email daily and actually just got off the phone with him.