Thursday, July 16, 2009

If I had a million dollars

If I had a million dollars... well, I wouldn't be making this wish list here on my blog. Ha. So here is my list in no particular order I would:

  1. Send tickets to my son and his wife in Australia so they could come for an extended visit.
  2. Make a very generous donation to Ronald McDonald House.
  3. Make sure a very dear friend of mine had enough money so he could start enjoying his retirement.
  4. Buy a new newer car. My POS is 15 years old and in 600 more miles it will have 200,000 miles on it. It has been a fantastic car, had to replace the transmission a few years back and other wise it has only been routine maintenance FYI it is a Chrysler product.
  5. Figure out some way to gift people who along my way in this life have touched my life in some special way.
  6. Provide in some manner for my family. An annuity or a one time cash gift.

Now that is what the serious me would do with the money. But my favorite brother Joe sent me his list.. There were a couple of other things on his list but I want to keep this politics free. he he

  1. Hire Jay Leno for a one man show.
  2. Buy a vat of beer and go swimming
  3. Get a new computer that performed ALL functions fast and with out locking up. ( dream on , dream on)
  4. Buy a hearing aid that only amplified stuff I wanted to listen to.
  5. Buy DirecTV and fire the CEO.
  6. Sponsor Mark Martin in a race
  7. Buy Kurt Busch's contract and FIRE him.

I sent out quite a few emails asking my friends and family what they would do with the imaginary million dollars and I want to say I have the most giving friends. Most would tithe, help family and friends, save and invest. Very few would buy themselves any material things. I have the best friends.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Wow...I've done the "million buck what if?" way too many times, but these days, I "upped" it to a BILLION...I mean if the GOVERNMENT can do it...so can I, right?
(J/K)

Actually, I'd put that MILLION to damn fine use.

1 - I'd get me and the missus a new(er) house FAR, FAR away from the "badlands" here (and then pay to raze THIS house...better to bulldoze it, than to see it become the next rental ghetto crib)

2 - Not really buy a NEW car, but sink a few thousand into my 26 yr old, and get it back to showroom specs.

3 - Get the wife a new car if she wanted one.

4 - Purchase a few more firearms (and ammo)

5 - Send some money to my nephew and niece-in-law who recently became proud parents

6 - sponsor some make-a-wish kids

7 - sponsor Bobby Labonte (Mark Martin would be my SECOND choice, though)

8 - Get a computer that would NOT crap out every other month, and the software engineer to make it so.

9 - Get a German Shepard (and maybe a horse).

10 - Donate to Wounded Warriors and Police/Fire widows

(that's the "short" list)

AND turn some of that "folding money" into GOLD...for the future, just in case.

Yeah, I can dream....the price is RIGHT...(free).

:)