Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Life

Lately I've been thinking about the past a lot. I think that happens when we transition from one phase to the next. I'm definitely an empty nester. Kids have been out for years and I've been feeling this unrest for a while now and I know it has to do with stepping into the next chapter of my life.

I've been thinking of trying to map out my life. Not what's ahead - I've never been too good at planning ahead - but what came prior to this day. I'm very confused and unsure of why I made some of the decisions I did, or why I didn't make other decisions. I'd like to figure out just why I approached things the way that I did. Sure, I've had some counseling in my past, but to be honest, I never really got much out of it. Obviously I was missing something.

And although I know that the past is gone, done, and over, I would like to dissect it and see what I come up with. I don't plan on living in it, dwelling on it, or crying over it, but I do plan on trying to make sense of it. Wish me luck, I'll probably need it. Anyone got an old road map?

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
The best I can do with old road maps are some from south-central New Jersey, Orange, County, California, San Diego, and two from the Pocono Mountains area in Pennsy...lol!

I'd stay away from GPS in this case!

And ALWAYS remember...HINDSIGHT will ALWAYS be 20-20!!

We did what we did because AT THAT TIME, we "thought" it was correct.
History may or may not prove us wrong, but, if we dad make a few blunders, at least we (hopefully) learned from them, and didn't go and make them again, right?

As for me?
I've probably got some real "beauts" I haven't even taken out of MY "bag of tricks" yet...
I just hope I can see them coming LONG before they get here.
As can we all.

Very good post.
(got me thinking again...now, my brain hurts...LOL)