Thursday, July 30, 2009

Random Thoughts


1. Positive thinking is overrated. It is like putting a blanket over manure, you can positive think all you want but if you don’t deal with your shit it isn’t going anywhere.

2. Laughter with friends real belly laughter is better than therapy or positive thinking.

3. We learn to what we believe to be true. Does that mean that what we believe to be true is the truth?

4. People who don’t do anything don’t make any mistakes. I have made many and learned much.

5. I believe I need to be open to learning something new every step of the way. I need to stay open to learning.

6. You can teach old dog new tricks. They're willing to learn if you're willing to put the time in to teaching.
7. Let go of your concept of how you believe life should be and it will make for a more interesting and fulfilling journey.

8. Listening is a gift that is often neglected. I am learning to listen more. I am like most people I am not a good listener.

9. I think the word should should never be used. Using it implies that you are guilty of not doing something. It seems as though you are a loser with out trying.

10. I tend to feel it is my responsibility to fix everything for everyone...which leads me to worrying way too much...which then leads to me stressing waaaay to much....everyone tells me to relax, which in a way pisses me off because if I knew how to do that I so would of been doing it by now!!!

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Good...another list"!

1) Well, I'm "postive" in thinking that if all that poo is under that tarp, it's time to get a larger shovel. (hear that, Congress?)

2) Nothing like a GOOD, HARD, CRYING laugh to make anyone feel good!
(looking at your paycheck doesn't count)

3) That's a rough one, because of something we call "perception".
But REAL truth is always unchanging.

4) I dunno...my neighbors do NOTHING every day, and they're walking mistakes!

5) An open mind is a fertile playground...some Asian guy once said that.

6) It's all about being WILLING...yes, indeed.

7) But it IS OK to hang onto the beliefs of how life SHOULD NOT be...

8) Anyone can hear, but listening is an "art".
(hey, Congress...you paying attention NOW?)

9) My Dad always said that CAN'T means WON'T...interesting.

10) What did I say YESTERDAY about WORRYING? Better to be "concerned"...it's less stressful for 'ya.
(trust me on this one)

:)