Monday, July 27, 2009

Regret



So I have always led myself to believe that I did not regret anything I have ever done. You know because "It made me the person I am today." that old excuse. I learned last week some very bad news, and it has stirred all sorts of things within me. It has also made me admit to myself that there are some things that I do regret and that that is okay. I think it is the first time that I have actually even processed the thought of things I may have missed out on or learned or how my life might have grown in a different direction if I wasn't so hell bent on screwing it up at such a young age.I think it's important to admit that we as human beings have made choices that have hurt us and others and were wrong, if for no other reason than it helps us from doing the same thing again I will accept that and just go along with it! And just keep skipping through the forest of crazy. It's better for everyone.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
That's a damn fine way of looking at things...
Reminds me of the reason I am also skipping right along nearby in that same forest.

Yeah, I still harbor feelings of regret, and had I chose a bit more WISELY (like Indy did when he grabbed the CORRECT Holy Grail), maybe those crossroads in my life wouldn't have seemed so damn confusing.

(note to self: NEXT life...get a better ROAD MAP)

Another great post...thought-provoking as all get out.

:)

Keep the faith!