Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm tired of being me.

I'm tired of being me. I don't hate myself and I'm not talking suicide here. I just mean I need a vacation from being myself. I'm tired of carrying around the same baggage, the same issues, ideas, stress, problems, and quirks. I want to be someone else for a while. Even if their life is less happy than mine, I would find it refreshing. I'm dull and used and repetitive.

I want to be a rock star. I’m talking Ozzy Osborne here; hard core no wimpy rock star for me.

I want to be a movie star. Not by today’s standards or lack of standards but the old time glamorous ones. I would like to be Olivia de Haviland or Vivien Leigh.

I want to be a spy. Maybe like Josephine Baker who was also an erotic dancer.

I want to be a NASCAR driver. Revving my engine and smelling the exhaust fumes. I want to be a female Mark Martin and race my heart out.

I want to be a country singer. Like Patsy Cline or Faith Hill.

But instead I will concentrate on being the best I can be. I am the only one who holds the answer to the meaning of my life. I do not look for my answers from others but I will look inside myself for my answers.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
That was nice, inspirational post...
I kinds, sorta like who I am.
I do have a (ever-growing) list of things I'd like to DO, but as far as changing who *I* am...not so much.

After all, I DO spend a lot of time wearing MY clothes and shoes, so I better like who I am...everything FITS...LOL!

I mean it COULD always be worse...(the name Berine Madoff comes to mind for some strange reason)...
Yeah..it could be worse.

:)